ATSEP Basic Training
The course provides students with the fundamental knowledge from all domains by providing an overview of the most important systems, equipment, procedures and principles within the CNS/ATM environment, as well as the role of an ATSEP and his/her responsibility.
ATSEP Basic Training covers all common parts of the Initial Training and is required for all ATSEPs regardless their future specialization.
The course is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2017/373 (including EASA ED Decision 2020/020/R) and with reference to the training requirements, it covers the following parts:
Complete Basic Training (BAS)
- Air Traffic Familiarisation
- Aeronautical Information Services
- Data Processing
- System Monitoring and Control
- Maintenance Procedures
Shared domain of Qualification Training (SHR)
- Functional Safety
- Health and Safety
- Human Factors
- Information System Security
The standard course duration is 3 weeks (15 days).
ATSEP Qualification Training
The course provides students with the domain related knowledge and skills appropriate to the qualification stream to be pursued in the CNS/ATM environment.
In a minimum of one specialised technical domain, ATSEPs are trained for one or more streams that correspond with the systems and equipment that they will eventually work with.
ATSEP Qualification Training is divided into five specialised technical domains:
- Transmission Path
- COM - Selected Topics from Data Processing
- Performance-Based Navigation
- Ground-Based Systems - NDB
- Ground-Based Systems - DF
- Ground-Based Systems - VOR
- Ground-Based Systems - DME
- Ground-Based Systems - ILS
- Global Navigation Satellite System
- On-Board Equipment
- NAV - Selected Topics from Communication
- Primary Surveillance Radar (PSR)
- Secondary Surveillance Radar (SSR)
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance (ADS)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Surveillance Data Transmission
- SUR - Selected Topics from Communication
- SUR - Selected Topics from Data Processing
Data Processing (DPR)
- Data Processing Systems
- Data Process
- Functional Safety
- DPR - Selected Topics from Communication
- DPR - Selected Topics from Surveillance
System Monitoring and Control (SMC)
- ANS Structure
- ANS System/Equipment
- Tools, Processes and Procedures
- SMC - Selected Topics from Communication
- SMC - Selected Topics from Navigation
- SMC - Selected Topics from Surveillance
- SMC - Selected Topics from Data Processing
The course duration depends on the selected domains/streams (approx. 1 – 1.5 weeks per domain).
The course is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2017/373 including EASA ED Decision 2020/020/R.
ATSEP OJTI/Assessor Course
This course is designed to fulfil the general requirements on ATSEP instructors and assessors according to Regulation (EU) 2017/373.
It should provide students with basic instructional skills and with knowledge and skills necessary to identify an instance where safety might be compromised during the training and to intervene in such instances.
It should also provide the ability to assess learners’ technical skills, behavioral skills and knowledge. At the end of the course, learners will be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in classroom teaching techniques, on-the-job-training and assessing learners’ technical skills, behavioral skills and knowledge.
ATSEP OJTI/Assessor courses consist of the following parts:
- ATSEP Training Requirements overview
- Specific topics for Training Instructors
- Specific topics for OJTI
- Specific topics for Technical Skills Assessor
It is provided in two variants:
- Standard ATSEP OJTI/Assessor course (5 days)
- ATSEP OJTI/Assessor Refresher course (3 days)
CNS/ATM Introduction Course
This course was developed as an introduction to CNS/ATM environment. It provides an overview of different systems, procedures and roles used in air navigation.
It covers the general introduction to the ATM environment as well as the description of different technical systems in use and their interconnections. The students also learn about the different roles and responsibilities in the aviation environment.
The course is recommended especially for non-technical personnel, managers and new employees of air navigation services providers, airports or training organisations.
The course is based on the simplified content of the ATSEP Basic Training course.
The course duration is 4 days.